Leila Schultz Receives Utah Native Plant Society Lifetime Achievement Award
In addition to having discovered 20 different plant species and having over 11,000 plant collections now residing in herbaria some of Leila's other acheivements are:
- Through her years Leila has discovered and described numerous species and has worked significantly in defining and describing many members of the genus Artemisia.
- In fact, she is considered by me and many others as THE authority on the taxonomy of sagebrush (Artemisia)
- She has worked on a number of large-scale interdisciplinary projects to document biodiversity in Utah
- She has become an authority on the geography of the Utah flora (Digital Atlas of Utah Plants)
- And she had contributed Numerous treatments for Flora of North America (http://fna.org)